Communication skills are essential in all areas of our life. The purpose of communication is to get your message across to others clearly and unambiguously. Building relationships, empathy, and active listening play an important role in mastering effective communications. Join this interactive workshop and learn the importance of planning a message based on the audience, how to identify barriers and factors impact sending and receiving messages, and learn tips to improve active listening skills.
Who should attend?
- All are welcome!
- People looking to improve communication skills
- People creating communication messaging
- Identify essential communication skills
- Complete a communication effectiveness self-assessment
- Explore tips to increase active listening
- What is communication?
- Planning your message
- Sending and receiving messages
- Active listening
This workshop can be delivered virtually or in-person. It makes a great learning workshop for an organization’s professional development day, conference, or team-building event. It can be customized to meet your needs.
Duration: 3 hours
Teaser of Self-Assessment
How would you rate yourself on the following?
- When I write a memo, email, or other document, I give all of the background information and detail I can to make sure that my message is understood.
- I’m surprised to find that people haven’t understood what I’ve said.
- When talking to people, I pay attention to their body language.
- When someone’s talking to me, I think about what I’m going to say next to make sure I get my point across correctly.
Not at all? Rarely? Sometimes? Often? or Very Often? In this workshop you will have an opportunity to rate yourself on these statements and many more!