Learn the Fundamentals of Project Management based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) from the Project Management Institute. Join this interactive workshop and learn the roles of various stakeholders including the sponsor and project manager. Using a case study, participants will follow the 49 Project Management Process Groups and begin the development of a project plan.
“Project Management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirements. Project Management is accomplished through the appropriate application and integration of the project management processes identified for the project.”PMBOK® 6th Edition
Who should attend?
- All are welcome!
- People looking to achieve better project results
- Project Managers, team leads or sponsors
- Demonstrate understanding of project management concepts
- Identify the project management process groups and knowledge areas
- Utilize techniques for managing a project effectively
- Project management concepts
- Initiating process group
- Planning process group
- Executing process group
- Monitoring and controlling process group
- Closing process group
This workshop can be delivered virtually or in-person. A 2-day course, this workshop can be delivered consecutively or in four 3-hour segments.
Duration: 2 days (12 hours)
What participants in this workshop are saying…
- The activities helped put theory into practice and the guidance from the instructor was well valued as the scenario was not in our field of expertise
- There was enough time for self-expression and questions. I appreciated the way after each session everyone was provided time to discuss his/her takeaway points. I find this method to allow people to assess their understanding of the ended session.
- The moderator was good. The use of jam board and group work. The class was very interactive
- Because it was split into four parts, I was able to concentrate more. Had it been for two straight days, I think I would have experienced quite a bit of workshop fatigue.
- The facilitator was very knowledgeable
- How things were talked through with examples and activities. It was a lot of knowledge, but it was made tangible with discussion and activities.
- The opportunity to do group work and apply the knowledge immediately.
- Think I would have preferred 2 days straight. By having it spread out, sometimes it was hard to think back to what we discussed before.
- The workshop was beyond my expectations, it helped me understand how to improve myself as a planning officer (which was my last employment position). All my thanks to Carole Spicer
- Carole was kind, clear, and persistent. I thought the breakout groups were great, and despite the technical difficult some of us (myself included) had at various points. I thought the Jamboards were EXCELLENT, great way for us all to be engaged.
- It included a lot of practical information and tools that are easily accessible. It was interactive.
- Good length for the training and good use of technology
- It was very well organized, thorough in terms of content on PM, Carole is very knowledgeable; facilitation skills are outstanding
- Almost went too quick. A lot of information to take in over 2 days. Hoping to get to go over and use. Awesome course. Thanks
- It was very informative and made me realize the importance of a plan when it comes to bigger projects especially
- The instructor is awesome and responsive and I would take more workshops with Carole any time!