Delivering public sector service is unique in its requirements to balance public expectations while maintaining fiscal responsibility. The Institute for Citizen-Centred Service, a centre of excellence for knowledge, collaboration and innovation in public sector service delivery, has developed the Certified Service Manager Body of Knowledge (CSM BoK) in order to:
- Establish a common language and consistent standard of excellence within the service delivery community
- Professionalize the service delivery practice
- Encourage the use of the citizen-centred approach
In this interactive workshop, participants will learn the key elements, concepts and language of public sector service delivery, based on the CSM BoK. Understanding the concept of outside-in service, service providers can adapt their service delivery processes to match citizens’ and clients’ expectations.
Who should attend?
- Public Servants
- Service Managers
- Front line Leaders
- Anyone interested in learning about delivering public sector service
- Explain outside-in service and why it is important in public service
- Identify recipients of public sector service
- Connect employee engagement and client satisfaction
Duration: 1 day (6 hours)